giovedì 24 marzo 2011

MARHABA!

25°17'12N 51°31'60E  - av. temperature 24,5°C


Welcome in Doha finally! Totally weird  to be here..Me, a girl grown up in a small country village, married in a town and now landing in such a huge eastern cosmopolitan city like that!!
I’m a bit puzzled and excited at the same time…the temperature is fine and pretty windy. The air smells good here..I take a long relaxing breath and, suddenly, a mix of fragrances strikes me: sea…sand… and female perfumes..something like Narciso Rodriguez if I’m not wrong…
Francesco and some colleague  are here to pick me up with a long white car…I’m getting more and more excited… I take a look around from the inside of the car and what I see is a show of thousand sparkling lights here and there, wide highways and skyscrapers…wow, Doha by night seems to be very attractive!
We get the Ritz Sharq Village to spend this first night. You know, when you read “Ritz” in the name of a hotel is already a guarantee…but I couldn’t imagine it would have been such a gorgeus fair of luxury!!! Arabian style- interiors, cigar lounge, shops beyond human budgets, a mosque of course, suite-rooms, outside gardens with palms and swimming pools…astonishing..  
Suddendly, in the main lounge two white long dressed Arabics appear, followed by three black female figures.. I’m completely captured by this vision but I don’dare to stare at them…not yet at least…better go straight, head downward..
I seat down near the swimming pool trying to calm down when I see the first local animal: a cat. Yes but not a normal cat indeed; it has an orange furry tail like a squirrel!! Sooo lovely! It keeps following us till our room and it lays on a couch out in the terrace…. Surely it wants to come with us tomorrow morning…and I want it!
Ok, forget it, the cat’s gone. I’m tired but I can’t sleep. Too much thoughts in my mind and tomorrow we’ll move to our new apartment… I can’t even keep on writing because my mind goes away.. ok sleeping is a priority now. Do people count camels here?
So, 1 camel….2 camels….3 camels….4 camels….5 camels…..Good Night.


Whatever open-hearth.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento