sabato 30 aprile 2011

"Pearl-Qatar Open-Day"

25°17'12N 51°31'60E   T. 24°- 36°C

Date: Friday 29th & Saturday 30th of April 2011
Time: 09:00 am - 12:00 noon
Venue: 1, la Croisette

An invitation to attend the first "Pearl-Qatar Open-Day", an exclusive event and a wonderful opportunity for residents to meet The Pearl Management and Staff, and receive updates on current and upcoming services and events on the Island.
A light breakfast from the newly opened "The Bread Basket" will be offered to all our Guests.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Of course I took part in!!!!
Five minutes by water-taxi and I was there. I met people and did some public relations (very important here to get contacts) but after that I focused on my secret mission: the breakfast buffet!!!
I approached the "The Bread Basket" bakery and...wow! There was plenty of brownies, cheesecake finger-food, pastries and whatever you wanted...but, at that very moment, something else caught my attention: all the people there had their own tiny well-packed picnic basket full of mini-croissants and warm bread, with the compliments of the bakery shop.
All the guests with their cute baskets....all but me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And where was my bloody one??? I'm a resident, I'm expected to have one!
I strolled around looking for my "prize" but nope and, soon after, a young woman came up to me with 2 of those baskets. Ok, stop! This is a real slight on me...Telling the truth, I wasn't that hungry and normally I'm not such whimsical but, you know, it was just for the sake of having it...
By the way, I clinged so stubbornly on that idea that, at the end of the party, I hadn't even eaten a crumble of anything.... Mission failed! (Me so twat).


The damned picnic baskets



Whatever open-hearth.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento