domenica 24 aprile 2011

Easter in the Middle East

25°17'12N 51°31'60E   T. 27°- 36°C

What say, premises are worse than ever; I'm in a muslim country where Sunday is considered to be the first working day of the week...in few words, today it's not Easter at all, it's a bloody Monday!!!!!
It's weird to see how the same day can be considered in different ways according to different cultures...
But anyway, cheer up! I can celebrate somehow!
Outside is hot and I'm home now, wearing the Sarah Kay T-shirt I found in the Fix Design Easter egg the day we celebrated my father's birthday... what better to enter the mood?? ;-)
I've even turn the TV on looking for the Holy Mess in Saint Peter...just to feel less isolated.
And what about Easter eggs here? No way...you know, how could you dare to ask for an Easter egg in a muslim supermarket??? But no worry, I have my ace in a hole; I can find chocolate everywhere, maybe not in the form of an egg, but there's plenty of it!!
So, in two days, I found all that I needed to celebrate Easter: a 2 meters-high-shelf full of Lindt Gold Bunny (people are the same the whole world over) with a new variety made of white chocolate. Grabbed. The traditional gold one and the white new version of course. But I don't know whether I'll eat them or not...every year the same issue...they're so cute!!!
In any case I have already the alternative: three coloured plastic bunnies which I stuffed with chocolate candies. So that I can eat them without blame myself.
On the other hand, unfortunately, another symbol of Easter, the lamb, here seems to be the main course 365 days a year...you can find it in all the menù, whether qatari or lebanese cuisine, indian or egyptian one...but no way, I won't eat it. Neither during Eastertide nor whenever. I promise.
By the way today, the only way to celebrate is at dinner time when Francy will come home from work. Let's hope this will be the right time for me to start cooking something serious!!! All but lamb for sure..
Bet you I can do it? ;-)

Happy Easter everybody!!





Whatever open-hearth.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento