mercoledì 25 maggio 2011

22th MAY 2011: Unexpected technical problems...

22th May 2011: one-year marriage anniversary...
I was supposed to take the flight on saturday the 21th May, in order to get Doha that very night... but something happened...destiny? Tough luck? Who knows...
I was sitting in peace in the lounge waiting for boarding and soon I noticed that there was something weird as I saw the airline crew whispering...and then the announcement " we're sorry to inform our kind passengers that we will have a delay dued to unexpected technical problems on board....we'll keep you updated within an hour...." bla bla bla...
3 hours passed and noone seemed to be able to fix the aircraft, hopes became to fade away and a minute later the final announcement: " we're sorry to inform you that the flight Qatarairways QR 34 has been cancelled"... OH MY GOD!! And now??? My anniversary?? Celebrations?? What the hell am I supposed to do now??!! It was just me, alone and disappointed, among a crowd of people coming from nowhere and going everywhere like crazy ants...
I sadly queued among them, stuck in for hours waiting for someone who could say me something about my new flight...
Fortunately someone came and saved me...someone belonging to the more powerful passengers of the business class... So, finally, I had a new ticket: 22th May 2011, departure 12.20 - arrival 19.05...just in time for a dinner party, I thought....
With some piece of mind, but definitely dead tired, I took a taxi with "The Rescuer" and I fell asleep as soon as I got my bed...
The day after I was ready for the new departure...
Could anything go wrong twice for the same flight? The answer would be "No, of course", but when the Fate cross your path there's little you can do...
And, for the suspence' sake, I almost fainted on the bus toward the aircraft...
I'm not joking!! Do you know when you start feeling bad, your head keeps spinning fast, you're bothered by all the voices around you, you've got sweaty cold hands and your face turns pale-green???
That was me.
I forced myself not to fall on the ground because I would have certainly missed that flight too..Fortunately, once I got in the airplane I fell much better....maybe thanks to the air-conditioned and the snack I was given.
Then everything went smoothly, the flight was good (except for my neighbours, but it's the rule..) and after 2 movies, a lunch and a nap a got my destination.
I was so happy to see Francesco behind the glass wall of the arrivals, that all the weakness almost fade away... and his look was that of an husband who waits impatiently her wife in the wedding day.
But the emotions weren't over yet..
Local friends and colleagues were waiting for us at Sharq Hotel, ready to celebrate that day all together with lemon&mint, spicy food, my perfect husband's extra-gifts and, of course, 3 minutes of glory with a moving video...
22th May 2011:  even after everything, I was in the right place at the right time...as well as one year ago.

Love u



Bora Bora - Otemanu Mount - 25th May 2010




Whatever open-hearth.








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento